Competition Rules should be used if you want to organise and run a competition. Entrants who enter the competition with hopes of winning a prize do so in terms of the rules.
Free shipping on orders over $50!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Summary Competition Rules should be used by an organisation that wants to run a competition. Entrants who enter the competition in the hope of winning a prize do so in terms of the rules. The terms of the competition include the following general sets of rules:
- Rules that do not limit entry;
- Rules that limit entry to specified types of entrants, eg. the competition may be open only to employees of the company; or only open to students, etcetera;
- Rules that exclude entry by employees, directors and associated persons, eg. as required for promotional competitions;
- Plus additional clauses where the prize is travel-related.
What do the competition conditions look like? The rules consist of a number of simple clauses that can be printed as desired, for example inserted onto packaging or into a magazine.
What do you need to do to use these conditions?
- Identify which example of competition rules applies to you. Read them and make any changes as you may require. Ensure that all the details are completed.
- If the CPA applies to the competition, make sure that you have complied with all the legal requirements.
- Distribute the rules as required.
If the competition is a promotional competition the Consumer Protection Act will likely apply. The Lotteries Act may also be applicable in some instances. It is recommended that you obtain advice from an expert before you organise a competition.
Also known as: Rules of a competition; Conditions of entry to a competition; Competition terms and conditions.
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.